[tdwg-tag] TDWG Architecture Road Map

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Fri Aug 15 20:53:05 CEST 2008

Hi Roger,

I think it's time to start thinking about more applicability statements.
Now that we have protocol, ontology and data formats, it would be
interesting to give specific recommendations about how to put the pieces
together. The only thing is that some of the pieces are not yet official
TDWG standards, so I'm not sure if new applicability statements would need
to wait before they could get approved.

One clear example could be "Sharing occurrence data with TAPIR". There are
different data formats and harvesting strategies being used with TAPIR,
which is fine when all providers are flexible enough to process different
kinds of requests ("Full TAPIR"). But now there are networks and tools
being developed that will be based on fixed data formats and fixed Web
Service parameters ("TAPIR Lite"), so in this case it becomes more
important to have specific recommendations.

This is just one example. I'm sure there are others.

Best Regards,
--
Renato