[tdwg-guid] TDWG LSID Resolver broken?

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Thu Nov 29 19:04:19 CET 2007

Thanks Rod,

The two LSIDs in your links are truncated due to line wrap in my original
message.  They should be:

urn:lsid:zoobank.org:act:20889795-7EC7-42F3-A4C3-D1D97704A609

urn:lsid:bishopmuseum.org:tnu:20889795-7EC7-42F3-A4C3-D1D97704A609

Both have essentially identical WSDL data -- though it might be cached still
from yesterday.

WSDL looks mostly the same as IPNI:

http://zoobank.bishopmuseum.org/authority/?lsid=urn:lsid:zoobank.org:act:208
89795-7EC7-42F3-A4C3-D1D97704A609

http://nsdb.bishopmuseum.org/authority/?lsid=urn:lsid:bishopmuseum.org:tnu:2
0889795-7EC7-42F3-A4C3-D1D97704A609

No doubt both of these will be truncated/line-wrapped as well....

Sally:  might be DNS, but the DNS record hasn't changed for the ZooBank
service since it was originally created, and I know it was working through
the TDWG resolver back before/during Bratislava.

Lee:  I've been pestering Kevin about other issues I ran into setting up the
new nsdb LSID resolver, but I figured that the problem was with the TDWG
resolver service, since Rod's tester seems to work fine on both (or am I
missing something about your tester, Rod?)  But now that I see that the nsdb
LSIDs resolve through the TDWG site fine, I'm beginning to suspect the
problem is with IIS on the ZooBank server.  The Code really is identical (if
anything, it should be broken on the nsdb version, not the zoobank version).

Hmmm....

Many thanks for all the feedback so far!

Aloha,
Rich