[tdwg-tag] Re: TDM Ontology

William Ulate wulate at inbio.ac.cr
Sat May 5 01:37:41 CEST 2007

Hi Renato, Bob and all,

I am a new to this thread and I have not been able to go through it all, but as some of you already know, for the IABIN Species and Specimens Thematic Network we will be setting up TAPIR providers with information on Species structured with the Plinian Core (www.pliniancore.org).  The first providers will hopefully be ready by mid-year... our datasource (~4K Species records), will hopefully be on-line in the next month...

Additionally, I would really like to try coding some of the information from our Timber Tree Species from the Flora of Costa Rica to set up the TDM on top of that, particularly looking for those that do not map well.

I promise to write back next week,

William Ulate
Coordinator
Biodiversity Informatics Unit
Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad, INBio.

P.S.: Where can I find the minutes/results of the Workshop?