[tdwg-tapir] Mapping to CNS file

Markus Döring m.doering at bgbm.org
Mon Mar 19 16:29:27 CET 2007

Hi guys,
nice to see you are progressing!

An important idea behind having multiple schemas inside a CNS is that
it acts as a single entrypoint. Remember that we intended to replace
the CNS alias.txt file with a real webservice. Having only 1
entrypoint gives you one really big advantage. As soon as you update
this file, all providers are aware of this! In the case you want to
add a new CNS file, every service has to be reconfigured. Thats easy
to do, but someone has to do it and it will take a long time til it
spreads through our entire network. We could surely have another
registry of CNS files, but that sounds to me a bit over the top. Can
you explain to me again why having separate alias.txt files is
important for TapirLink? Couldnt you just read the entire file and
locally split it into cached separate alias.txt files?
--
Markus