[tdwg-tapir] Mapping to CNS file

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Thu Mar 22 19:48:01 CET 2007

Hi Dave,

Thanks!
It looks a lot more elegant with "#", and still very simple.

About the CNS, I think there was always an expectation that it would
soon become a real service, so we just wanted to start with a simple
file that was easy to type. At that time there was an attempt to
specify a more powerful service which would be based on ebXML, but as
far as I know it was never implemented. So the original format which
was supposed to be temporary remained until now.

I agree that using XML/RDF would be better, but I still think that
sooner or later we will need a real service. TapirLink already needs
something that maps equivalent concepts from different schemas.

Best Regards,
--
Renato