[tdwg-guid] First step in implementing LSIDs?[Scanned]

Bob Morris morris.bob at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 03:14:09 CEST 2007

It sounds like you have issues that are discussed in the TNC
(Taxonomic Names and Concepts) http://www.tdwg.org/activities/tnc/
and NCD (Natural Collections Descriptions) groups
http://www.tdwg.org/activities/ncd/

In the case of physical objects, as Rich or Paul mentioned, the idiom
in the LSID world for physical objects is that the LSID data
resolution is empty (you can't return the physical object to the
invoker without a Startrek Transporter :-)  ) and whatever interests
you about the physical object is returned in the metadata resolution,
including relations to other stuff including the LSIDs of other real
objects).