[tdwg-guid] GUID use cases

Ricardo Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Wed Jun 13 18:30:18 CEST 2007

    Chuck,

    You are absolutely right, there are many conflated issues being
cross threaded in our discussions. Let's separate them.

    Regarding use cases, we have developed several of them just before
the first GUID meeting in 2006. Jessie made a comment back then that
some use cases regarding taxon concepts were missing. There may be other
cases missing. In any case they are at:

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/GUID/GUIDUseCases

    If anyone want to discuss GUID use cases, please reply to this
thread only.

    Thanks!

Ricardo