[tdwg-guid] Call for presentations on LSIDs for the TDWG 2007 Conference

Ricardo Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Thu Jul 12 23:16:02 CEST 2007

Dear TDWG-GUID subscribers,

We will have a session titled "LSIDs: Gluing it together to meet users'
needs" at the upcoming TDWG 2007 Annual Conference in Bratislava from
11h00 to 12h30 on Tuesday, 18 September. We would like to use this time
to present relevant LSIDs/GUID work from our community.

This is a general call for 10-15 minute presentations for this session.
We would be interested in hearing about-

- Examples of successful use of LSIDs and other identifiers in our community
- Best practices and guidelines on issuing, management, and persistence
of identifiers
- Anything regarding LSIDs or GUIDs that will assist our community

We are also interested in hearing about use cases and metadata for
representing digital (or physical) objects. These use-cases, however,
may be more appropriate in the ontologies and vocabularies session or
on client needs.

Please contact me as soon as possible if you are interested in presenting.
The conference schedule (see [1] below) is extremely compact, so there is
time for only 6 presentations. Alternatively, there is plenty of room for
posters or computer demonstrations.

Best regards,

Ricardo Pereira