[tdwg-tapir] Is the current schema valid?

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Fri Jul 27 15:07:35 CEST 2007

Hi Roger,

Before publishing new versions of the TAPIR schema I always use the
official w3c validation service:

http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv

Since it's not detecting any problems with the current schema, one of
the two validators has a problem.

There's only one <xsd:all> element that I recently introduced in the
schema to allow TAPIR environment variables to be declared in any
order in capabilities responses. This <xsd:all> is part of an
<xsd:group> particle with minOccurs=maxOccurs=1, but this particle is
not "part of a pair of a complex type definition".

We could probably replace "all" by a "sequence" to avoid this problem
and force a specific order, although this will probably affect one or
more data provider implementations. Or maybe just leave things as
they are if we can confirm that the Oxygen validator is wrong.

I'll appreciate any thoughts or suggestions...

Best Regards,
--
Renato