[tdwg-tapir] Adoption figures and hopes for 2008

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Fri Aug 17 16:35:45 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I am just putting together a roadmap for TDWG 2007. This document
must be produced by the TAG before the meeting to summarize the
current situation and make suggestions for the coming year.

TAPIR is obviously mentioned!

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/RoadMap2007

I would be grateful if you would take a look at this document and
either feedback to me or change it.

In particular on the section on Exchange Protocols

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/RoadMap2007#Exchange_Protocols

I would like to give some indication of the roll out of TAPIR. What
has been done and what is expected? Please fill in your own figures.

I am taking a "tough love" approach this year with the
recommendations. I make several specific ones about TAPIR.

TAPIR should be used in preference to DiGIR or BioCASe in any new
networks

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/RoadMap2007#DiGIR

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/RoadMap2007#BioCASe

TAPIR should be the preferred XML exchange protocol.

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/
RoadMap2007#TDWG_Access_Protocol_for_Informa

If you have any comments on the rest of the document I'd love to hear
them. It is still work in progress. Now is the time to influence it!

Many thanks,

Roger