[tdwg-guid] Request for Comments on the TDWG LSID Applicability Statement

Ricardo Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Thu Aug 30 18:58:22 CEST 2007

    Dear GUID and TAG members,

    The TDWG Infrastructure Project (TIP)
<http://www.tdwg.org/activities/tip/> has been working on a *new* draft
of the *TDWG LSID Applicability Statement*. This document-

   1. provides guidance on how to use Life Sciences Identifiers (LSID)
      to meet specific requirements of the biodiversity information
      community and
   2. defines how to identify shared data objects in biodiversity
      information applications using LSID.

    This specification, soon to be submitted to TDWG for ratification,
summarizes all agreed decisions by the TDWG-GUID group
<http://www.tdwg.org/activities/guid/> and addresses the requirements of
the TAG group <http://www.tdwg.org/activities/tag/>.

    We would like to ask you to please *review* the applicability
statement and provide feedback. The document is available at:

http://www.tdwg.org/standards/150/download/ (it is also available in PDF
format
<http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/pub/GUID/LsidApplicabilityStatementRfC2007Sep/TDWG_LSID_Applicability_Statement_2007_08_30.pdf>)

    This version of the applicability statement is significantly
different from the version reviewed last year
<http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/GUID/LsidApplicabilityStatementRfC2006Oct>.
For that reason, we would like to ask those who kindly reviewed the
previous version of the document to review this one as well.

    Please make your comments using one (or more) of the following methods:

   1. Send your comments to tdwg-guid at lists.tdwg.org
      <mailto:tdwg-guid at listsREMOVE-THIS.tdwg.org> or directly to
      ricardo at tdwg.org <mailto:ricardo at tdwgREMOVE-THIS.org>;
   2. Revise the MS Word document posted above using the /Track Changes/
      feature and send it to ricardo at tdwg.org
      <mailto:ricardo at tdwgREMOVE-THIS.org>; or
   3. Post your comments at the end of the wiki page at:
      http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/GUID/LsidApplicabilityStatementRfC2007Sep

    All comments will be later collated at the end of the wiki page
mentioned above.

    When we are all satisfied with the contents of this applicability
statement, we intend to ratify it as a TDWG standard.

    We would really appreciate your feedback.

    Best regards,

The TDWG Infrastructure Team (TIP)