[tdwg-tapir] TAPIR specs

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Fri Oct 27 15:33:34 CEST 2006

Dear all,

Most of you probably know that we've been working on a formal
specification for the TAPIR protocol. We've finished a first version that
was presented during the last TDWG meeting.

It is still a working draft, but we would like to encourage anyone
interested in TAPIR to read the document and send any suggestions and
comments to us (you can use this mailing list if you want).

Now the document is in the TDWG resource directory for TAPIR:

http://rs.tdwg.org/tapir/1.0/specs/TAPIRSpecification_2006-10-15.html

At some point, we will certainly go through the new TDWG process to make
TAPIR an official TDWG standard, but as far as I know there were no
discussions about the best moment for doing this.

Since there are some networks that will probably start using TAPIR until
the end of this year, personally I would prefer to see them online before
starting the TDWG process (just in case we still discover that it would be
interesting to make more changes in this version).

Please let me know if you have other thoughts or ideas about this...

Best Regards,
--
Renato