[Tdwg-guid] Why we should not use LSID (from TDWG-TAG mailing list)

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Thu May 4 19:50:24 CEST 2006

    Folks,

    I wanted to let you know about a discussion regarding the use of
PURLs as GUIDs that is happening at the TDWG Technical Architecture
Group (TAG) mailing list.

    I am sending you this message because I believe that the GUID wiki
and mailing list is the most appropriate forum to discuss the issue.

    The thread starts here:
http://lists.tdwg.org/pipermail/tdwg-tag_lists.tdwg.org/2006-May/000135.html

    I have also moved the the original pages posted by Gregor Hagedorn
on the TAG wiki to the GUID wiki. Links are below:

http://wiki.gbif.org/guidwiki/wikka.php?wakka=WhyWeShouldNotUseLSIDs
http://wiki.gbif.org/guidwiki/wikka.php?wakka=UsePURLsAsGUIDs

    Feel free to contribute to the discussion.

    Best regards,

Ricardo