[Tdwg-guid] "Publication Bank", LSIDs and the BHL

Sally Hinchcliffe S.Hinchcliffe at kew.org
Thu May 18 17:20:25 CEST 2006

Lots to discuss here ... It's an interesting start but I can see lots
of issues to thrash out, particularly how things like KR (wearing my
Kew Bibliographic Databases hat on) could link to the scheme...

Neil - are you coming to the GUIDS meeting in Edinburgh?
Sally

> After my post yesterday, Neil Thomson forwarded me this paper he has
> prepared for the Biodiversity Heritage Library on their need for
> GUIDs. His document ends by explaining how BHL identifiers could end
> up looking "a bit like an LSID". Obviously I would recommend that
> they should actually just be LSIDs, but Neil is interested in any
> feedback on this paper and it clearly relates very much to all that
> we discussed under the general heading of "Publication Bank".
>
> Thanks,
>
> Donald

> Donald Hobern (dhobern at gbif.org)
> Programme Officer for Data Access and Database Interoperability
> Global Biodiversity Information Facility Secretariat
> Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
> Tel: +45-35321483   Mobile: +45-28751483   Fax: +45-35321480

*** Sally Hinchcliffe
*** Computer section, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
*** tel: +44 (0)20 8332 5708
*** S.Hinchcliffe at rbgkew.org.uk