[tdwg-tapir] conceptual binding

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Fri Mar 3 06:12:49 CET 2006

Hi Javier,

>>>From the current TAPIR schema, concept ids follow the
"qualifiedConceptIdType", which is explained as:

"A simpleType to represent qualified concept identifiers. This can
either be the full format NAMESPACE#LOCAL_CONCEPT or an alias which
can be any string."

So you're right that local concepts may not use XPath. It's a choice.
I was just following Markus examples - no intention to suggest how
the "gcp" conceptual schema should identify its concepts.

Now looking at the "simpleXPathType" (used by the node's path
attribute) it seems that the string restriction does not allow for
namespace prefixes. So I guess this is something that needs to be
fixed in the schema.

Best Regards,
--
Renato