Call for Participation: LSID Working Groups

Kennedy, Jessie J.Kennedy at NAPIER.AC.UK
Tue Mar 7 11:55:06 CET 2006

Hi Ricardo

I thought you weren't going to send out dates yet.......

Jessie

in
> Durham, North Carolina, USA. The workshop was organized by the
Taxonomic

http://wiki.gbif.org/guidwiki/wikka.php?wakka=InfrastructureWorkingGroup

> and
>
> http://wiki.gbif.org/guidwiki/wikka.php?wakka=PrototypingWorkingGroup
>
> If you can lead a task team, please edit the respective wiki page,
> adding your name as task coordinator and start to outline the task. If
> you want to be involved but not lead a task, contact the task leader
if
> there is one, or edit the respective wiki page by adding your name to
> the task team and adding your contribution in the appropriate space.
>
> GUID-2
> ------
>
> The second GUID meeting will be supported by the TDWG Infrastructure
> Project funded by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation. Attendance at
> GUID-2 will be by invitation, based on contributions against the
tasks.

> GUID-2 will focus on working sessions and attendance will be limited.
> Priority for support will be given to workgroup task leaders and
others
> actively participating on task developments.
>

> Timeline
> --------
>
> 17/Mar/2006: Definition of task leaders. Tasks not claimed will be
> pruned, reassigned or set aside for later consideration.
>
> 24/Mar/2006: Definition of task teams, task outlines, and work plan.
>
> 31/Mar/2006: Definition of GUID-2 participants based on task
> assignments. GBIF/TDWG will send formal invitations to participants.
>
> Mar/Apr/May/2006: Task development and discussion of outstanding
issues,
> following work plan.
>
> May/2006: Finalization of prototypes, summary of discussions, draft of
> recommendations for each task. Preparation to present summary at
GUID-2
> Workshop.
>
> June/2006 - GUID-2 Workshop.
>

> Contacts
> --------
>
> For further information, please send messages to guids at gbif.org, or
> contact any of the following-
>
> * Lee Belbin, Australia - Project Manager (lee at tdwg.org)
> * Donald Hobern, Denmark - Programmer Officer for Data Access and
> Database Interoperability (dhobern at gbif.org)
> * Ricardo Pereira, Brazil - Software Engineer (ricardo at tdwg.org)
> * Roger Hyam, United Kingdom - Technical Architect (roger at tdwg.org)
This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied or disclosed to anyone else outwith the University without the permission of the sender.
It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and any attachments are scanned for viruses or other defects. Napier University does not accept liability for any loss
or damage which may result from this email or any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email entering the
University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by the University.