PublicationBank - requirements evaluation
rhuber at WDC-MARE.ORG
Tue Mar 21 11:06:30 CET 2006
Below is a short 'survey' which hopefully can help to get an overview
on how bibliographic information currently is stored in your databases.
If you don't like to fill such forms, any other info on your current
literature db is also welcome, just send it to me by email!
The list maybe incomplete, if you think important questions are missing
there just let me and the others know.
I will try to sumarize the results on the wiki later.
best regards, Robert
1) How is your literature database/module organised?
- [ ]Database structure completely normalized
- [ ]Database structure not/incomplete normalized
2) How do you hold your bibliographic information?
- [ ]Complete set of Bib info (Author, Title,Source, Volume, Pages)
- [ ]Incomplete set of Bib info
- [ ]Abbreviations (e.g. Stafleu&Cowan)
- [ ]Bib Info and Abbreviations
- Specify which bibliographic fields you hold in your db:
--[ ]Source (Journal/Book)
--[ ]Source Editors
--[ ]Series Editors
3) How do you store author names:
- [ ]Abbreviations (e.g. Brummitt & Powell)
- [ ]Complete Name as String, one author per string
- [ ]Complete Name as String, all authors in one string
- [ ]Last Name, First Name separated
4) How do you store journal names/ other sources
- [ ]Complete Name
- [ ]Abbreviation
- [ ]Both
- [ ]If you hold abbreviations acc. to which standard?
Dr. Robert Huber
WDC-MARE / PANGAEA - www.pangaea.de, www.wdc-mare.org
Stratigraphy.net - www.stratigraphy.net
MARUM - Institute for Marine Environmental Sciences (location)
POP 330 440
Phone ++49 421 218-65593, Fax ++49 421 218-65505
e-mail rhuber@@wdc-mare.org, robert.huber at stratigraphy.net
More information about the tdwg-tag