[Tdwg-tag] RDF instead of xml schema

Donald Hobern dhobern at gbif.org
Fri Mar 24 23:50:21 CET 2006

Thanks, Flip.

I agree that we should as far as we can start with data models which are
defined independently of the encoding.  The key factor is to move towards a
cleaner object-oriented model (with well-defined objects and relationships)
and then we should be able to play with different encodings much more easily
than today.

Best wishes,

Donald

Donald Hobern (dhobern at gbif.org)
Programme Officer for Data Access and Database Interoperability
Global Biodiversity Information Facility Secretariat
Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Tel: +45-35321483   Mobile: +45-28751483   Fax: +45-35321480