[Tdwg-guid] Simple LSID resolver [ Scanned for viruses ]

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Mon Jun 19 10:02:13 CEST 2006

Dear Paul,

On 19 Jun 2006, at 08:12, Paul Kirk wrote:

> lsid.ipni.org doesn't ping either ... ;-)

That's OK because IPNI's LSIDs resolve to beta.ipni.org:9090

> first I've heard of a requirement for a 'subdomain'
> lsid.indexfungorum.org ... do I need to set one up?

Yes, but only because that's what the SRV record for indexfungorum.org
LSIDs points to. You don't need to set up a subdomain as part of the
standard, but that's how IndexFungorum has been set up (apparently).

Regards

Rod

> Paul

>>> example.org.  For example, ipni.org resolves to

email:    r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk