AW: [tdwg-tapir] TAPIR namespace and versioning

"Döring, Markus" m.doering at BGBM.org
Mon Jul 31 11:48:45 CEST 2006

Well,
I hope that TAPIR is not changing really. It should be much more stable than our content schemas. So if we include the major version in the namespace I think this is OK.

Including the full version number as an attribute into the schema I think is always a good idea. This way we could add minor things to the schema keeping backwards compatability and still discover the exact schema version.

I dont think our community currently could handle different major and incompatible versions of a protocol. So negotiating for a version of the protocol seems to me too much too soon. by the way a great album title:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Much_Too_Soon_%28album%29

-- Markus