[tdwg-tapir] Output model definition and mixed name spaces.

Roger Hyam rogerhyam at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 2 13:02:02 CET 2006

Donald,

Yes, this is what I am thinking for the architecture. We need to trade
validation for semantics. The validation moves more to the application
layer than the transfer format - which I don't have a problem with but
which is a change in mindset - but these are architecture issues - more
later.

What I was more worried about from the Tapir perspective is how we
define output models with multiple namespaces. Whether or not we
actually validate the response we need to be able to define the model.
Does the protocol allow us to ask for data back in arbitrary XML
structures (including different namespaces and so potentially RDF/XML
serializations) or are we restricting it to a single namespace in
initial implementations.

Roger

--

 Roger Hyam