greetings

Benjamin H Szekely bhszekel at US.IBM.COM
Mon Jan 23 11:54:16 CET 2006

Hi,
    Is there a preferred slide template for the workshop?  Otherwise, I
will just use the basic IBM template.

- Ben

Taxonomic Databases Working Group GUID Project
<TDWG-GUID at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU> wrote on 01/20/2006 07:48:06 AM:

>     Ben,
>
>     Thank you very much for sharing the outline of your presentation
> with us. It certainly seems ideal for our purposes.
>
>     We would be very interested in picking your brains on wider semantic
> interoperability issues during the workshop.
>
>     Regarding LSIDs specifically, our biggest challange is to find an
> appropriate way to define stable byte-identical data for our objects. We
> have therefore been thinking mostly of turning everything to metadata.
> We would be very interested in knowing what your thoughts are regarding
> that issue.
>
>     Best regards,
>
> Ricardo
>
> Benjamin H Szekely wrote:
>

> > Hi All,
> >     Thank you again for including me in your workshop.  From reading
> > Rod's paper and many of the following comments, it seems that this
> > community is certainly on the right track and shares a similar vision
> > for LSIDs and metadata to that of our development team here in
> > Cambridge, MA.  I encourage anybody to ask questions on the list about
> > LSID or Semantic Web technology in general.  Our team has been elbow
> > deep in the Semantic Web for 3 years and have been working on a wide
> > variety of projects outside of LSID including Storage and replication,
> > annotation, workflow, and  RDF-based user interfaces,
> >
> > I am tentatively planning to organize my talk as follows:
> >
> > - Overview of LSID (10-15 minutes)
> >
> > - Survey of global LSID participation (10-15 minutes)
> >
> > - Brief overview of IBM Cambridge Semantic Web projects (5 minutes)
> >
> > I am certainly open to reorganization.  I'm not planning on discussing
> > too many technical and implementation details, but I'd be happy to
> > discuss these throughout the week at the workshop.
> >
> > - Ben

--=_alternative 005CD8F6852570FF_=

template for the workshop? &nbsp;Otherwise, I will just use the basic IBM
template.</font>
wrote on 01/20/2006 07:48:06 AM:<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Ben,<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Thank you very much for sharing the outline of your
presentation<br>
&gt; with us. It certainly seems ideal for our purposes.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; We would be very interested in picking your brains on
wider semantic<br>
&gt; interoperability issues during the workshop.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Regarding LSIDs specifically, our biggest challange
is to find an<br>
&gt; appropriate way to define stable byte-identical data for our objects.
We<br>
&gt; have therefore been thinking mostly of turning everything to metadata.<br>
&gt; We would be very interested in knowing what your thoughts are regarding<br>
&gt; that issue.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Best regards,<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Ricardo<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Benjamin H Szekely wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Hi All,<br>
&gt; &gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Thank you again for including me in your workshop.
&nbsp;From reading<br>
&gt; &gt; Rod's paper and many of the following comments, it seems that
this<br>
&gt; &gt; community is certainly on the right track and shares a similar
vision<br>
&gt; &gt; for LSIDs and metadata to that of our development team here in<br>
&gt; &gt; Cambridge, MA. &nbsp;I encourage anybody to ask questions on
the list about<br>
&gt; &gt; LSID or Semantic Web technology in general. &nbsp;Our team has
been elbow<br>
&gt; &gt; deep in the Semantic Web for 3 years and have been working on
a wide<br>
&gt; &gt; variety of projects outside of LSID including Storage and replication,<br>
&gt; &gt; annotation, workflow, and &nbsp;RDF-based user interfaces,<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; I am tentatively planning to organize my talk as follows:<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; - Overview of LSID (10-15 minutes)<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; - Survey of global LSID participation (10-15 minutes)<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; - Brief overview of IBM Cambridge Semantic Web projects (5 minutes)<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; I am certainly open to reorganization. &nbsp;I'm not planning
on discussing<br>
&gt; &gt; too many technical and implementation details, but I'd be happy
to<br>
&gt; &gt; discuss these throughout the week at the workshop.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; - Ben<br>