[tdwg-tapir] cherrypy2.2

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:07:14 CET 2006

Hi,

Pufff... the capabilities get horrible big...

Now I undertand why WFS has an operation called DescribeFeatureType that
reaturns an XML schema. Instead of including the view description in the
capabilities we could have created a new operation called DescribeView that
would return the schema.

In WFS it is nice that when you do a search and you want a certain
FeatureType you get the XML document with a schema location that is a
DescribeFeatureType operation itself to the same provider.

I actaully don't know the implications of this, but I certainly think is
neat :)

Javier.