PublicationBank, Policy/Best Practice

Robert Huber rhuber at WDC-MARE.ORG
Mon Feb 20 10:41:35 CET 2006

Dear all,

Sorry for my late reply.. I just visited the WIKI today and found that
there are a lot more working groups or task items listed there, very
good..

One of the tasks is the Publication Bank. I can imagine that this is
something some of the GUID group members already have discussed
earlier? At least during the workshop my impression was that the common
'management' of publication/ citations is a rather old TDWG problem?
Have there been any earlier attempts to solve this?

Another thing I would like to propose is something like a 'policy' or
'best practice' group. A lot of the discussions during the workshop
dealed with problems like e.g. 'when exactly do I have to assign a new
GUID to a taxon name'. A lot of solutions and agrement surely have been
proposed in the break out groups and should be documented in the WIKI?

best regards, Robert