Task 9: LSID Resolver Namespaces (or should it be Authority Identifications)

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at TDWG.ORG
Fri Feb 24 14:11:57 CET 2006

Donald Hobern wrote:

> *_9. LSID Resolver Namespaces_**
> (http://wiki.gbif.org/guidwiki/wikka.php?wakka=LSIDResolverNamespaces) *
>

> This is a starting-point for discussion of best practices in using DNS
> entries for LSID resolution services.

    Donald, I believe that the definition of this task and its name do
not match. I think it is a terminology problem. The part of the LSID
that is related to DNS is the *authority identification*. The
*namespace* isn't related to DNS. here's the LSID syntax to illustrate:
urn:lsid:authority_identification:namespace:identifier:revision.

    So, this group will discuss authority ids or namespaces (or both)?
Which should we fix, the page name or the description?

    I think I have already mixed this up in a previous post to Kevin
Richards. Sorry about that.

    Regards,

Ricardo