[tdwg-tag] TAG Road Map

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Mon Aug 7 13:37:25 CEST 2006

Hi Everyone,

The TDWG Infrastructure Project team have a milestone/deliverable to
produce a document to act as a road map for the TDWG Architecture.

I have prepared a document that I believe pulls together the ideas and
consequences from the TAG-1 meeting and the two GUID meetings plus
various discussions held at the OGC meeting in Edinburgh. This document
introduces the notion of a 'Semantic Hub' which is a proposed mechanism
to expose TDWG semantics through multiple technologies: XML Schema;
GML;  OWL; etc.

I would be most grateful if you could find time to have a look at this
six page document:

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/ArchitectureOverview

and give any feedback on the wiki page, via this list or directly to me.

Many thanks,

Roger

--

 Roger Hyam