[tdwg-tapir] Tapir > Capabilities > Schemas > Concepts

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Thu Nov 3 17:03:47 CET 2005

Hi,

Just to add a few comments about the subject...
The idea of TapirLite did change a bit the way that the protocol has
been originally conceived, so I think it's important to do that kind
of revision in some parts of it.

I can see that a list of mapped concepts can be more useful if
dynamic searches or inventories are allowed. But even for TapirLite,
it could be interesting to advertise which globally understood
concepts map to local data. So, yes, there could be cases when some
concepts are advertised but are not used by any of the static views.
But I suppose that this information could be of interest to view
writers, for example. Especially if we're thinking about well-defined
view libraries being prepared by someone.

I can't think of any other reasons right now, but I believe there's a
value in knowing what parts of a global data model are "potentially"
accessible from a particular data provider...

Regards,
--
Renato