[tdwg-tapir] TapirLite - dev demo

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Fri Nov 4 18:08:13 CET 2005

Hi Everyone,

In order to help understand the issues involved in the TapirLite concept
I have been developing a very lightweight provider. The remit I gave
myself was PHP + MySQL with no extra libraries or pluggins - i.e. the
kind of thing you might get from a cheap ISP or mean IT department. My
thinking was that if it can be done in this technology then MS Access
plus ASP or similar is equally possible.

You can see how far I have got here:

http://www.tdwg.hyam.net/TapirLite/

What I will try and do is improve on this and incorporate any changes
that are made to the Tapir protocol.

The second issue I am addressing is how to develop a Nomenclator API
(consisting of parameterized Tapir views). The views will be mappings of
TCS into a response structure that is identical to TCS but with
DublinCore - not Darwin :)   - embedded for the metadata elements.

This is still very much work in progress but I thought I would reveal it
to the world before the Tapir meeting next week.

Please let me know what you think. Any suggestions most welcome.

All the best,

Roger

--

 Roger Hyam