[tdwg-tapir] Logs from existing services

Donald Hobern dhobern at gbif.org
Tue Dec 6 14:54:05 CET 2005

Roger,

If it helps, these are just about the only requests I issue to index and
subsequently re-access data from DiGIR-DwC providers:

Get metadata;
Scan values (and counts) for ScientificName values;
Scan values (and counts) for CatalogNumber values (rarely);
Scan values (and counts) for Country values (very rarely);
Search for records (full DwC) where ScientificName>=n1 and
ScientificName<=n2;
Search for records (full DwC) where ScientificName=n1;
Search for records (full DwC) where CatalogNumber>=n1 and CatalogNumber<=n2;
Search for records (full DwC) where CatalogNumber=n1;
Search fir record(s) (full DwC) where CatalogNumber=n1 and
InstitutionCode=i1 and CollectionCode=i2;

For BioCASe providers, I issue directly equivalent requests (UnitId for
CatalogNumber, etc.), and also:

Scan values for SourceInstitutionCode.

Thanks,

Donald

Donald Hobern (dhobern at gbif.org)
Programme Officer for Data Access and Database Interoperability
Global Biodiversity Information Facility Secretariat
Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Tel: +45-35321483   Mobile: +45-28751483   Fax: +45-35321480