[Tdwg-phylo] MIAPA-relevant ideas for TDWG workshop (17-18 Oct)

Arlin Stoltzfus arlin at umd.edu
Wed Oct 12 17:58:20 CEST 2011

Dear workshop participants and others--

Now is the time to start thinking about possible workshop projects, if
you haven't done so already.  You do NOT have to be a workshop
participant to help in the process of developing and discussing ideas.

Please consider adding an idea on the "ideas" page here (you just need
to get a TDWG twiki account):

   http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/Phylogenetics/MIAPAWorkshop2011Ideas

The two ideas listed currently are:

  * Create benchmark of annotated pubs relating phylogenies and
biodiversity
  * Sharing the tree of life: What can we learn from the re-use (and
lack of re-use) of mega-phylogenies?

I have cc'ed this message to the tdwg-phylo list and to some
individuals who indicated their intention to participate.  However,
please address your replies only to the miapa-discuss list.  Those who
want to join in discussion will need to join the list.

On behalf of the workshop organizers (Jim Leebens-Mack, Hilmar Lapp,
Nico Cellinese, Enrico Pontelli),

Arlin
-------
Arlin Stoltzfus (arlin at umd.edu)
Fellow, IBBR; Adj. Assoc. Prof., UMCP; Research Biologist, NIST
IBBR, 9600 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, MD
tel: 240 314 6208; web: www.molevol.org