[Tdwg-phylo] Publishing a trees in RDF

Arlin Stoltzfus arlin at umd.edu
Fri Oct 22 17:25:44 CEST 2010

On Oct 22, 2010, at 10:29 AM, Arlin Stoltzfus wrote:

> QED.  The technology is out there.  IMHO, the continual propagation of
> new tree-viewers by developers, and the sense of users that there is
> no tree viewer that satisfies their needs, is (in the medium-term and
> long-term) a cultural-organizational-educational problem and not at
> all a technical problem.

To clarify this-- I didn't mean to imply that there are no gaps.  In
the *short-term*, there may be real gaps between what users want (or
think they want) and what developers are providing and maintaining.
I'm just saying that, by virtue of repeated failures, we should have
learned by now that the way to close these gaps is NOT for the Nth
independent developer to go out and developer the Mth independent tree
viewer using the latest GUI fashions.

Arlin