[Tdwg-phylo] Publishing a trees in RDF

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at nescent.org
Thu Oct 21 16:15:39 CEST 2010

On Oct 21, 2010, at 9:30 AM, Arlin Stoltzfus wrote:

> Probably the group that is getting closest to what you want is the
> TreeViz group of EoL at the Field Museum.   Karen Cranston (cc) has
> some cool slides on this.

Yes, except that Karen is now at NESCent :-) and she has been directly
involved in an iPlant team working on a tree viewer that can
efficiently read and display very large trees. She presented that back
at the iEvoBio conference.

BTW Arlin - it didn't sound like such a solved problem according to
the computer scientists involved in that project. But I'll leave it to
Karen to comment further.

> The second issue that I don't understand is: what is the proper
> netiquette when a list message is cc'ed to half a dozen people?

Keep everyone unless you have a good reason to drop someone (such as
someone asking to be dropped :). BTW I think most if not all of those
copied are on the list anyway (Rick - are you?).

	-hilmar