[TDWG-MIDS] 6th Meeting, Thursday 6th May 2021 UTC 13:30-15:00, Agenda, etc.

Lorenzo Cecchi l.cecchi at unifi.it
Thu May 6 08:29:18 UTC 2021

Dear Alex, dear all,
I'm sorry, due to another unexpected commitment I won't be able to take
part to the meeting today, but I would be happy to be updated on the
discussion if a "small task force" will be set up to solve this issue...
Thanks in advance, and good work!
Lorenzo

Il giorno mar 4 mag 2021 alle ore 17:16 Alex Hardisty <
HardistyAR at cardiff.ac.uk> ha scritto:

> Dear colleagues,
>

> The sixth meeting of TDWG TG MIDS will take place on Thursday 6th May
> 2021 UTC 13:30-15:00.
>

> You can find the agenda in the cumulative notes googledoc here:
> http://bit.ly/tgmids-notes. Please see the information already in there,
> especially relating to materialType where we should agree how to proceed.
> It seems clear that TG MIDS cannot resolve the codification of what kind of
> material a specimen is and how its been prepared and preserved in isolation
> from other groups presently thinking about disentangling this (TDWG
> Collections Descriptions Interest Group, TDWG Darwin Core Maintenance
> Interest Group and the iSamples project). Ideally, it should be solved
> harmoniously across multiple collection types that include
> non-biological/geo materials and archaeological artefacts as well as
> biological materials.
>

> We would like to come to an outline solution within a few weeks if
> possible – at least agreeing what the three or four main information
> elements are and how they should be used; even if the detailed vocabularies
> need further study. Please think about how we can proceed practically and
> come with your suggestions. A small task force of interested experts
> perhaps?
>

> You should already have received a calendar invitation with Zoom details
> but here they are again, just in case
>

> Meeting URL:
> https://cardiff.zoom.us/j/83253525847?pwd=ek9JTkZKMU5qSld3Z0UzTk5SeDBBUT09
>

> Meeting ID:        832 5352 5847
>
> Password:          471826
>

> Kind regards
>
> --
>
> Alex
>

> Alex
> Hardisty                                                                 Alex
> Hardisty
>
> Director of Informatics Projects                                   Cyfarwyddwr
> y Prosiect Gwybodeg
>
> School of Computer Science and Informatics               Yr Ysgol
> Cyfrifiadureg a Gwybodeg
>
> Cardiff University, Queens Buildings                            Prifysgol
> Caerdydd, Adeiladau’r Frenhines
>
> 5, The Parade, Cardiff CF24 3AA                                   5, The
> Parade, Caerdydd CF24 3AA
>
> United Kingdom                                                            Y
> Deyrnas Unedig
>

> tel: +44 (0)29 2087 4861                                               ffôn
> : +44 (0)29 2087 4861
>
> email: hardistyar at cardiff.ac.uk                                   ebost:
> hardistyar at caerdydd.ac.uk
>
> skype: alex.hardisty                                                      skype:
> alex.hardisty
>
> orcid id: orcid.org/0000-0002-0767-4310

Dr. Lorenzo Cecchi, PhD
Università di Firenze / *University of Florence *
Museo di Storia Naturale / *Natural History Museum *
Collezioni botaniche "Filippo Parlatore" / *Botanical collections "Filippo
Parlatore"*
Via G. La Pira 4, 50121 Firenze - Italia / *Italy*
Tel. / *Ph: *+39 055 2757466