[TDWG-MIDS] 5th meeting, 1st April UTC 13:30-15:00 agenda and zoom link

Alex Hardisty HardistyAR at cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Mar 29 12:49:02 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

The fifth meeting of TDWG TG MIDS will take place on Thursday 1st April 2021 UTC 13:30-15:00. The agenda and other details are below. Elspeth and I look forward to your contributions. If there are other items for the agenda, please inform us.

Zoom details
The meeting will take place by Zoom and will be started/hosted by co-convenor Alex Hardisty.
Meeting URL:     https://cardiff.zoom.us/j/82582889588?pwd=R3BGMk9GWVVuSTJnaWxSRk1qSlZDUT09
Meeting ID:        825 8288 9588
Password:          334038

Agenda
A googledoc for notes is here: http://bit.ly/tgmids-notes.

1)                  Introduction

     *   Reminder of the work:

At the least meeting we agreed on 'name' for the name information element, saying that we'd provide a fuller definition and some examples to emphasise the tolerance/wide flexibility of the element. We had a discussion on materialType and we must take a decision on the way forward at this meeting. Also, would like to decide on physicalSpecimenId

2)                  Decision needed (more info in googledoc).

     *   MaterialType (https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues/14) - Noted previously that we need to 'untangle' in this area. Type of the material, how it has been prepared and how it is preserved are three different pieces of information. What is the vision for separation? Can imagine: objectType, preparationMethod and preservationMethod or similar. At which MIDS levels should these first appear?
     *   PhysicalSpecimenId (https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues/10)

3)                  Discussion needed (as time permits) (more info in googledoc).

     *   Institution (https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues/11)
     *   Mass (https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues/4) - proposal for an additional/new information element necessary for certain geological specimen categories

4)                  Any other business

     *   Date of next meeting: Thursday 6th May, UTC13:30 - 15:00

Kind regards
--
Alex

Alex Hardisty                                                                 Alex Hardisty
Director of Informatics Projects                                   Cyfarwyddwr y Prosiect Gwybodeg
School of Computer Science and Informatics               Yr Ysgol Cyfrifiadureg a Gwybodeg
Cardiff University, Queens Buildings                            Prifysgol Caerdydd, Adeiladau'r Frenhines
5, The Parade, Cardiff CF24 3AA                                   5, The Parade, Caerdydd CF24 3AA
United Kingdom                                                            Y Deyrnas Unedig

tel: +44 (0)29 2087 4861                                               ffôn : +44 (0)29 2087 4861
email: hardistyar at cardiff.ac.uk<mailto:hardistyar at cardiff.ac.uk>                                   ebost: hardistyar at caerdydd.ac.uk<mailto:hardistyar at caerdydd.ac.uk>
skype: alex.hardisty                                                      skype: alex.hardisty
orcid id: orcid.org/0000-0002-0767-4310<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-0767-4310>