[TDWG-MIDS] Meetings Nos. 8 (July) and 9 (August)

Alex Hardisty HardistyAR at cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Jun 28 16:20:12 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I've just sent out calendar invitations for the next two TG MIDS meetings - meeting no. 8 this coming Thursday 1st July and meeting no. 9 on Thursday 5th August. They contain the Zoom details for each meeting, or if you prefer, below. Note, they are not the same for both meetings.

Elspeth and I discussed the agenda for this month's meeting earlier today and I'll write it up on Tuesday at the beginning of our cumulative notes of our meetings (here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ET0p6641ZNzNQG4qNs_jje0LokoKJ9Ls5bhFdUw184/edit).

As a heads-up: we'll briefly discuss next steps on the 'materialType' proposed set of five information elements with a focus on gathering practical examples and how to transition to what we want in the future. Then we'll move on to a first consideration of the MIDS 2 elements concerned with geography that will raise similar issues of consolidation and transition (issues 15-21,
https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Acreated-asc+label%3A%22MIDS+Element%22+label%3AMIDS-2+label%3AisGeography).

Meeting No. 8 Thursday 1st July UTC 13:30 - 15:00
Meeting URL:     https://cardiff.zoom.us/j/84034634689?pwd=eXVQaFF3d2VNV2l1ZDFsNGtXVmxwUT09
Meeting ID:        840 3463 4689
Password:          477921

Meeting No. 9 Thursday 5th August UTC 13:30 - 15:00
Meeting URL:     https://cardiff.zoom.us/j/85343362552?pwd=UmMxNUhhV1pCaVNJNDAzVFFhbXl3UT09
Meeting ID:        853 4336 2552
Password:          487262

Kind regards
--
Alex

Alex Hardisty                                                                 Alex Hardisty
Director of Informatics Projects                                   Cyfarwyddwr y Prosiect Gwybodeg
School of Computer Science and Informatics               Yr Ysgol Cyfrifiadureg a Gwybodeg
Cardiff University, Queens Buildings                            Prifysgol Caerdydd, Adeiladau'r Frenhines
5, The Parade, Cardiff CF24 3AA                                   5, The Parade, Caerdydd CF24 3AA
United Kingdom                                                            Y Deyrnas Unedig

tel: +44 (0)29 2087 4861                                               ffôn : +44 (0)29 2087 4861
email: hardistyar at cardiff.ac.uk<mailto:hardistyar at cardiff.ac.uk>                                   ebost: hardistyar at caerdydd.ac.uk<mailto:hardistyar at caerdydd.ac.uk>
skype: alex.hardisty                                                      skype: alex.hardisty
orcid id: orcid.org/0000-0002-0767-4310<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-0767-4310>