[tdwg-humboldt] Humboldt Task Group Meeting Wed 31 May 2023, 08:00 EST/12:00 UTC

ys628 yanina.sica at yale.edu
Tue May 30 23:36:47 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I am sorry but I did not finish reviewing the document on inheritance. I also wanted to reach out individually to Walter and Robert, official Parent Events of the Humboldt Core. So I do not think we are ready to 'submit' tomorrow.
Maybe, we can briefly meet and confirm that all documents needed are there.

As a summary of what we have so far:

  *   Implementation report<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RFdSHoyzWCQk9qO6uup4xQjWOMzPyBb-A0mcjj98hbk/edit#heading=h.8dmewb9wxxbk>. The main document to submit to Darwin Core maintenance group stating that this extension is awesome!
     *   should be ready
  *   List of terms<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AbUUKDkgilbtHu9Dh_5V2dnOeQNbKBcRo4d7VEDyqOg/edit#gid=673949815> (tab complete_term_list_ACTIVE). The most important document including all terms to include in the Humboldt extension for ecological inventories
     *   should be ready (can we already update the Humboldt Extension Quick Reference Guide<https://tdwg.github.io/hc/terms/>?)
  *   Additional official document to better explain eco:isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive<https://github.com/tdwg/hc/blob/main/docs/inclusive/index.md>
     *   should be ready (check is all Event and Taxon now include their name spaces)
  *   Additional official document to better explain hierarchical events and inheretance<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r_XMEgB7p7OI7a5Ouq6G9oa7LmQFPcFhZZCLD9gWOIE/edit#>
     *   still need some revision, before it gets transformed into a markdown doc

Please review the documents, particularly the authorship, until the end of the week. Ideally, we would start the official process next week!!

  *

The Humboldt Extension Documentation or user guide (here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rX4m94rtZDR_8iIe3RvRnNYKDJcmSX3ii4S5hCznEA0/edit?usp=sharing>) will not be an official document but will be linked in our presentation. It still needs some revision, but it should not delay our presentation.

Best!

Yani

When to meet

Wednesdays 8 am EST (see your time here<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20230419T120000&p1=1440&p2=111&p3=37&p4=136&p5=51&p6=179&p7=64&p8=75&p9=224&p10=248&p11=152>)