[tdwg-humboldt] Humboldt Task Group: Please review implementation report

ys628 yanina.sica at yale.edu
Tue Apr 4 00:56:35 UTC 2023

Dear all,

We have made a lot of progress with the Implementation report.  Please have a look and edit here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RFdSHoyzWCQk9qO6uup4xQjWOMzPyBb-A0mcjj98hbk/edit#heading=h.u3r7un3jbl3s>.

I would like to thank Wesley, Ming, Zach and Steve for pushing this forward! I really appreciate it!

Here is a brief description of the document, the goal is to convince TDWG people that this extension is useful an that it would work!
- Authors will include the people writing the report and participating in the testing (we may even publish this as a paper in BISS)
- Introduction and background will be the basis of the Feature report as it already includes the rationale behind building this extension. This means that this Implementation report will include the information needed in the Feature report. For more info on TDWG required documents see here: http://rs.tdwg.org/vms/doc/specification/#421-feature-report<https://www.google.com/url?q=http://rs.tdwg.org/vms/doc/specification/%23421-feature-report&sa=D&source=docs&ust=1680098196850728&usg=AOvVaw3MkAtmG8IRHVETy2hJFn4L>
- Development of the vocabulary includes some description of what is considered an inventory, a basic description of the terms, and a link to the final table with the terms
- Use cases will include a description of the datasets and how the mapping was done
- Lessons learned will include all the challenges identified during the mapping and testing that were addressed using the Humboldt extension
- Unresolved issues/remaining challenges will include all the challenges identified during the mapping and testing that were NOT addressed using the Humboldt extension
- Conclusions will be some sort of summary stating that we are ready to go to public review

I will not be able to join our next meeting, but it would be great if you can meet and discuss how the document is looking otherwise please take the time to review the document. The sooner we finish this the faster we can start the public review.

We also need to review the documentation and the list of terms<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AbUUKDkgilbtHu9Dh_5V2dnOeQNbKBcRo4d7VEDyqOg/edit#gid=697606170> that will accompany the implementation report. I would also ask you to discuss line 41 of that sheet.

Hope everybody is good and we got this!

All the best!

Yanina V. Sica, PhD
Lead Data Team
Map of Life<https://mol.org/> | Center for Biodiversity and Global Change<https://bgc.yale.edu/>
Yale University
pronouns: she/her/hers
If you are receiving this email outside of your working hours, I am not expecting you to read or respond.