[tdwg-humboldt] How to fill in targetTaxonomicScope and targetLifeStageScope for targeted taxa with different life stage from the same event?

John Wieczorek tuco at berkeley.edu
Fri May 20 18:40:33 UTC 2022

True, but a protocol could also be a distinguishing feature of an Event. If
the protocol is just the trawl this would still be problematic, but if
there is a difference in protocols with respect to the taxonomic scopes,
that could be sufficient to separate them. If this still doesn't feel
right, the alternative (targetTaxonomicScope:"Myctophidae | Paralepididae",
targetLifeStageScope:"all | larvae and juvenile" ) is not terribly
satisfying either, because it doesn't explicitly bind the combinations
across the two terms. To try to overcome this shortcoming, one could add an
explanation in dwc:samplingProtocol or dwc:eventRemarks.