[tdwg-humboldt] Humboldt Task Group Meeting Wed 6 April 2022, 08:00 EST

Sica, Yanina yanina.sica at yale.edu
Tue Apr 5 16:08:18 UTC 2022

Hi all,

Hope everybody is well! A lot of cool things going on lately...

​Thanks, Tim, for drawing our attention to the proposal to add eventType<https://github.com/tdwg/dwc/issues/408> to Darwin Core.  It is definitely in line with many of our discussions (related Humboldt terms: compilationType, inventoryType).
John also shared the invitation to participate in the webinar on Diversifying the GBIF data model that will take place on April 12 2022, at 14:00 UTC. You can register here<https://www.gbif.org/event/33MQ8ZI9xuC98AekewiMr8/gbif-community-webinar-diversifying-the-gbif-data-model>

We have also made a lot of progress on the IPT testing and Humboldt documentation<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZglRfoQUGpsDm4t2M4B6Qif2IlbPvuBaRBeOi9x1IHk/edit#heading=h.ak3otfd7ligm>.

Below you will find the proposed agenda for tomorrow:

  *   How can the proposed addition of eventType  benefit the usage of Humboldt extension?
  *   How are we getting ready for external testing of Humboldt extension?
     *   Kate will share the Google Form we created to collect external feedback
     *   Please comment, review, edit the documentation!
  *   How can the working group have an active participation in TDWG 2022?

All the best!

Yani

[http://api.gbif.org/v1/image/unsafe/1200x627/http%3A%2F%2Fimages.ctfassets.net%2Fuo17ejk9rkwj%2F3A86BgJwgxjWZU5RYJQOqx%2F160eb1461ac864b67aa2ee33828eb529%2Fwebinar-diversifying-data-hero2.png]<https://www.gbif.org/event/33MQ8ZI9xuC98AekewiMr8/gbif-community-webinar-diversifying-the-gbif-data-model>
GBIF community webinar: Diversifying the GBIF data model<https://www.gbif.org/event/33MQ8ZI9xuC98AekewiMr8/gbif-community-webinar-diversifying-the-gbif-data-model>
Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Free and Open Access to Biodiversity Data.
www.gbif.org

Yanina V. Sica, PhD
Lead Data Team
Map of Life<https://mol.org/> | Center for Biodiversity and Global Change<https://bgc.yale.edu/>