[tdwg-humboldt] Humboldt Task Group Meeting Wed 1 December 2021, 08:00 EST

Yanina Sica yanina.sica at yale.edu
Mon Nov 29 19:11:30 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Hope you are fine!

I have amazing news, Tomoni Suwa from the Field Museum and Yi-Ming Gan from
OBIS are joining our Humbodlt discussions!! Welcome!!

*For this Wed (Dec 1), Yi-Ming Gan will be sharing her insights on OBIS
data and metadata structure. It will be great to discuss how it  links (or
if at all) to Humboldt Extension. *

If we have time, we can also discuss some of the terms that still need
revision or have github issues <https://github.com/tdwg/hc/issues>:

   - identifiedBy
   - identificationReferences
   - geospatialScopeAreaInSquareKilometers
   - totalAreaSampledInSquareKilometers
   - environmentReported
   - habitatsScope
   - excludedHabitatScope
   - reportedWeather
   - reportedImpacts
   - isEffortReported

They are highlighted in yellow in our usual slides
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cpOXOtZi71WUYSG2UG8zQ4FAmvd6gcKW83x0tA6WKis/edit#slide=id.gd3cb7c8759_0_192>
(slide 199 onwards):

Next week (Dec 8), we will hear from Diana Bowler about some interesting
research she has done regarding metadata needs for modelling inventory data.

Some useful links below:
- Zoom link: https://yale.zoom.us/j/97318391101
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://yale.zoom.us/j/97318391101&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw131_ZV9o-84ivZDjGbSTBJ>
- Meeting notes here