[tdwg-humboldt] Humboldt Task Group Meeting Wed 17 March 2021, 0800 EST

Yanina Sica yanina.sica at yale.edu
Mon Mar 15 16:36:03 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Just a reminder that we are meeting this Wed (March 17) to begin the
process of reviewing each and every of the *original HC terms and
definitions.*

This Wed we'll tackle all terms for which the first review round has
resulted in the following decisions:

   - *direct mapping to DwC *
   - *deprecate/indirect mapping. *

This is a list of *31 terms* that you can find in the Vocabulary file
<https://github.com/tdwg/hc/blob/main/vocabulary/HC_terms_2021-02-28.csv> with
"direct mapping to DwC" or "deprecate/indirect mapping" in the column
"review_decision". *Attached you can find the Vocabulary file to filter or
you can download it from Github* (see PRO TIP below).

To help with the reviewing process, Paula will give a quick overview of the
terms and any associated issues. *We will aim at reaching consensus for all
these terms during the meeting, so if we all give them a look beforehand it
would help us speed up the discussions.*

Quick reminder that *daylight saving in the US started this weekend* on
March 14th (In Europe it starts in two weeks on March 29th) so it might
impact on our meeting hours. Hope our usual 8am EST still works for
everybody.

Hope you are all well!

See you on Wednesday,

PRO TIP:
To get the csv file from GitHub, press "Ctrl" key + "Raw" and it will
download the file directly (in Mac, "Option" key + "Raw").
[image: image.png]

LIST OF TERMS TO BE DISCUSSED ON WED:
original_HC_label
dataset name