[tdwg-humboldt] Humboldt Task Group Meeting Wed 3 march 2021, 0800 EST

Yanina Sica yanina.sica at yale.edu
Wed Mar 3 14:50:29 UTC 2021

Hi all!

Thanks for joining the meeting today! It is exciting to see how much
progress we are making! See meeting notes here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/10cvJl9nuVZIsfKJStA4DsqcNNfrtb8jfc-mUXckruls/edit#heading=h.q8mxj3oyr56u>
.

Revising terms can be a complex and time-consuming activity so we have
decided to take (at least!) the next 2 weeks to revise them. We will meet
in between (*Wed 10 March*) to catch up on our progress.

PLEASE review the terms in the vocabulary csv file
<https://github.com/tdwg/hc/tree/main/vocabulary> in the repo (consider
reading  How to review the HC Vocabulary
<https://github.com/tdwg/hc/wiki/How-to-review-the-HC-Vocabulary> before
you start). Give feedback on the current issues, add new ones (if there is
no existing issue regarding the conflicting term), and suggest new terms if
needed (as new issues).
Let's aim to have this revised for our next big meeting (Wed 17 March).

On another related topic, it might be a good time to start thinking about
Documentation, here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZglRfoQUGpsDm4t2M4B6Qif2IlbPvuBaRBeOi9x1IHk/edit#heading=h.c5n6v0x212uj>
is an outline of the potential contents (please add other topics). I know
Dmitry has mentioned this before, so we could start a subgroup that works
on this. Any volunteers?

Hope you are all well!

See you next week (for those interested in catching up regarding term
revision) or in 2 weeks for our general discussion.

Cheers,

Yanina V. Sica, PhD
Data Manager | Map of Life
Yale University