[tdwg-humboldt] TDWG 2021: Abstract submission deadline (August 2)

Rob Stevenson rdstevenson10 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 01:08:59 UTC 2021

Hi Yanina,

I did not read your email carefully or interpret your comment in our
meeting correctly about Anders, Diana and Nick working together.

It was my understanding the Anders would present and that Diana and Nick
would have a separate slot.

If there are only 5 slots in the symposium, I am happy to pass in order
that Diana and Nick have their own slot.

My apologies for not catching this earlier.  Let me know what is best

Thanks
Rob

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 11:12 AM Yanina Sica <yanina.sica at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>       - User perspective as they work on  methods of analyzing
>       biodiversity data
>
> (*) Rob Guralnick, do you want to discuss tomorrow about your presentation
> (and mine)?
>
> See you all tomorrow!
>
> Humboldt Core Task Group Meeting: *Wednesday, July 14. 8:00am EST*
> Zoom link: https://yale.zoom.us/j/96750659891
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https://yale.zoom.us/j/96750659891&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw2nS6kRU-2BwmgMU5W6enT1>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Yani
>

> On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 8:43 PM Rob Stevenson <rdstevenson10 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear All
>>
>> I invited Diana Bowler and Nick Issac (with Erland's help) as a team to
>> participate in the Symposium.  Both are leaders in the methods of analyzing
>> biodiversity data. I think they can add to the breadth of the symposium
>> discussion and help shape the Event extension for the Darwin cores.
>>
>> Will that work for everyone?
>>
>> Regarding my contribution, I haveI started to review biodiversity
>> sampling protocols from some terrestrial and marine programs.
>>
>> The review can help our Group  think about the vocabulary and
>> hierarchical structure that seems to the mode used in most protocols.
>>
>> How does that sound?
>>
>> Rob
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 6:14 PM Yanina Sica <yanina.sica at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi team!
>>>
>>> *TDWG 2021 abstract submission is getting closer (August 2) !*
>>>
>>> We are organizing a Session called
>>> * 'Connecting the world of biodiversity data:standards uniting people,
>>> processes, and tools'*
>>>
>>> The proposed abstract and speakers can be found here:
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ckx3qQz1LtNRazYV2sI-jCTI84yh8t_A2DWKBoPyLsE/edit
>>>
>>> Speakers suggested are (I added potential topics of the presentations as
>>> discussed previously):
>>>
>>>    - Yanina Sica
>>>       - MOL as an aggregator implementing HC terms or,
>>>       - MOL as a user of inventory data
>>>    - Peter Brenton
>>>       - How they are implementing the DwC extensions in the BioCollect
>>>       system
>>>    - Robert Guralnick, Gainesville, USA, UTC-4
>>>       - Broader context of HC and/or,
>>>       - some details about what we are doing as a group, potentially
>>>       put a call to help test via IPT or something.
>>>    - Robert Stevenson, Boston, USA, UTC-4
>>>       - Are you still keen on presenting? Any ideas?
>>>    - Anders Finstad, Trondheim, Norway, UTC+2
>>>       - Who can we confirm they are still keen on presenting?
>>>
>>> We would need confirmation from these speakers and more info on their
>>> talks to make a cohesive session.
>>>
>>> *Each speakers needs to submit their abstract here by August 2*:
>>> https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2021/call-for-abstracts/
>>>
>>> *Let's bring some ideas to our next meeting! Wed 14 July*
>>>
>>> Hope you are all well, see you next week!
>>> Yani
>>>

>> --
>> Robert D Stevenson
>> Associate Professor