[tdwg-humboldt] HC terms first round review ready

Paula Zermoglio pzermoglio at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 17:04:59 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Hope you are well and happy.

I have finally uploaded a vocabulary csv file
<https://github.com/tdwg/hc/tree/main/vocabulary> to the HC repo,
containing the results of the first review round on the HC terms.

Yani, Kate and I have worked hard to go through all of the terms reviewing
their definitions, comments and examples. As you’ll see in the file, for
some terms we were able to reach consensus, for some others we decided to
just leave it open for group review. However, we need all of you to review
ALL the terms and check if the decisions we are proposing make sense.

To help in understanding the vocabulary file and how we would proceed with
this, I’ve built a wiki page in the repo: How to review the HC Vocabulary
<https://github.com/tdwg/hc/wiki/How-to-review-the-HC-Vocabulary>. Please
take a look at that page before starting your review (and of course please
let me know if something seems unreasonable there).

You will note that there are issues already posted in the repo, most of
those are about particular terms or sets of terms, and are linked in the
vocabulary file (see Wiki for details). PLEASE consider watching the repo
<https://github.com/tdwg/hc>, this will help us get everyone on board and
on track to speed up the review process.

Enjoy!

paula