[tdwg-gbwg] Minutes, next meetings: November 24th 8pm CET (part of the TDWG week), December 16th 3pm CET

Dröge, Gabriele G.Droege at bo.berlin
Wed Oct 13 15:32:35 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Our next meeting will be part of the TDWG meeting and is scheduled for November 24th, 8pm CET (7pm UTC, 12pm MST, 2pm EST). It will be a regular meeting, but 90 minutes instead of 60 minutes. I'll provide a calendar invite for this one, but will update it as soon as I know the zoom dial from TDWG.
The December meeting is scheduled for December, 16th 3pm CET (2pm UTC, 7am MST, 9am EST), using our own Zoom account. I will send a calendar invite for this as well.

The minutes of today's meeting can be found as usual at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vZVaa2fXYzyVUh_H2yHa1eCzh-KsMmse1GDXg5FAuBE/edit#

The new Task Group "Environmental Samples and eDNA" has been created: https://www.tdwg.org/community/gbwg/enviro/  We will discuss in our November meeting how often we will meet in the future.

Action items for next meeting:

-        Come up with real life examples for use cases, e.g.

o   ocean drilling core - both eDNA and fossil specimen

o   swabbing amphibian skin

o   water sample to track organisms (e.g. certain vertebrates)

o   gut sample

o   insect trap or a similar community sample

-        Check the MGnify Environmental Vocabulary: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gomMCE6DGa2VDF1Ib03NPcki6fi9VqIJ/view?usp=sharing

-        Add MIQE to overview doc (Gabi)

The use cases should all follow a similar template such as these two: https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/73 and https://github.com/tdwg/gbwg/issues/74

Best,
Gabi