[tdwg-content] us2ts 2019 early registration deadline approaching!

Hilmar Lapp Hilmar.Lapp at duke.edu
Sat Jan 19 21:44:42 UTC 2019

( Apologies if you have seen this already. Early registration deadline is only days away. The program includes a session on semantics for biodiversity and environmental sciences: http://us2ts.org/2019/posts/program-session-vi.html )

      U.S. Semantic Technologies Symposium Series

                       March 11-13, 2019
                Duke University in Durham, NC
                       http://us2ts.org/

        Early Registration Deadline: January 22, 2019

The early registration deadline for the 2nd U.S Semantic Technologies Symposium is coming up on January 22, 2019! Register early to get the best registration rates:
http://us2ts.org/2019/posts/registration.html

We are also excited to announce two exceptional keynote speakers:
Jim Hendler<https://www.linkedin.com/in/jameshendler/> (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) and Helena Deus<https://www.linkedin.com/in/helenadeus/> (Elsevier)!

The program of the symposium is posted online:
http://us2ts.org/2019/posts/program.html
The detailed program for each session will be published next week.

You still have a chance to make a contribution by submitting a lightning talk for one of the two plenary Lightning Talk sessions. The submission for Lightning Talks will be open next week on the US2TS Calls<http://us2ts.org/2019/posts/cfp.html> webpage (http://us2ts.org/2019/posts/cfp.html).

The goal of the U.S. Semantic Technologies Symposium series is to bring together the U.S. Semantic Web community and begin forming such a research network. We achieve this by supporting communication across disciplinary, organizational, and geographical boundaries. The Symposium events provide a forum by which participants can share information and ideas, coordinate ongoing or planned research activities, foster synthesis and new collaborations, develop community standards, and advance their science and education through communication and the sharing of ideas.

To this end, the 2019 Symposium will be an informal gathering with plenty of time for discussion and breakout sessions. We encourage anyone with an interest in the Semantic Web, regardless of field, to attend.

For all questions please contact the organizers at contact-us2ts2019 at googlegroups.com<mailto:contact-us2ts2019 at googlegroups.com>.