[tdwg-content] official home of the "TDWG GUID Applicability Statement" ?

Chuck Miller Chuck.Miller at mobot.org
Fri Sep 30 16:56:42 CEST 2016

Steve,
I agree with using PDF and HTML formats as open, but to be accurate I think DOCX files (Office Open XML) created by Microsoft Word 2007 or later are also readable by free software like LibreOffice and Open Office. DOCX files created by Word 2013 and later are interchangeable with LibreOffice and Open Office version 3.2 or later.

But the free Adobe Reader has become nearly ubiquitous for document sharing via ISO-standard PDF format which makes PDF the most universal format nowadays I think.

Chuck