[tdwg-content] A proposal to improve Darwin Core for invasive species data

Quentin Groom quentin.groom at plantentuinmeise.be
Wed May 25 07:00:49 CEST 2016

Interesting! I had not come across Apple Core before. Isn't this
proving-ground role something that the Biological Collections Ontology
can also do?
I like the idea of a Darwin Core with different levels of adherence to
rules. I agree that strict enforcement of rules will inhibit the flow of
data, but in my own experience there are simple fields that I could have
easily completed in a standardized way, if only I could have found a
suitable recommendation to follow. Hierarchical vocabularies are
particularly useful here, because they have built in flexibility.
Regards
Quentin

Dr. Quentin Groom
(Botany and Information Technology)