[tdwg-content] A proposal to improve Darwin Core for invasive species data

Quentin Groom quentin.groom at plantentuinmeise.be
Mon May 23 20:23:49 CEST 2016

I've been working on a proposal to improve Darwin Core for use with
invasive species data.

The proposal is detailed on GitHub at
https://github.com/qgroom/ias-dwc-proposal/blob/master/proposal.md.

The proposal is for a new term "origin" and suggested vocabularies for
establishmentMeans and occurrenceStatus.

I'd welcome your feedback on the proposal.

>From my perspective it provides some needed clarity on
the establishmentMeans and occurrenceStatus fields, but also adds the
origin that is needed for invasive species research and for conservation
assessments.

I'm not sure of the best way to discuss this, but if you have concrete
proposals for changes you might raise them as issues on GitHub, as well as
mentioning them here.

Regards
Quentin

Dr. Quentin Groom