[tdwg-content] Darwin Core Proposal - term content recommendations to comments

Éamonn Ó Tuama [GBIF] eotuama at gbif.org
Thu Feb 5 16:26:12 CET 2015

RDF/SKOS notation makes items like labels, definitions, examples very explicit:

<skos:Concept rdf:about="http://purl.org/dc/terms/accessRights">

<skos:historyNote rdf:about="modified" dc:date="2008/01/14"/>

<skos:prefLabel xml:lang="fr">Droits d'accès</skos:prefLabel>

<skos:definition xml:lang="en">Information about who can access the resource ....

<skos:example xml:lang="de">Zugriffsrechte können Informationen ...

</skos:Concept>

The use of SKOS for describing property terms is discussed on page 4 of the TDWG Vocabulary Management Task Group (VoMaG) report [1]. Does use of SKOS in this context bring any semantic baggage?

Éamonn

[1] http://www.gbif.org/resources/2246